The selection of the mass of a mechanical damper 20 for a blade 12 in a turbine wheel 10, 12 independent of the size of a damper receiving opening 22 is achieved by making the damper 20, 40, 50, 60, partially hollow (FIG. 4) or completely hollow (FIGS. 5-7, inclusive).
A damped turbine wheel comprising: a hub adapted to be journaled for rotation at high speed about an axis; a plurality of blades on said hub at angularly spaced locations and extending outwardly therefrom; and a plurality of holes, one for each blade; each located in an associated blade in spaced relation to said hub; and a plurality of dampers, one in each hole, each damper being formed as a double headed rivet with the heads being on opposite sides of the associated blade to retain the rivet within the associated hole, each rivet being at least partial...
이 특허를 인용한 특허 피인용횟수: 12
- Lewis, Thomas M.; Parin, Michael L.. Air-film vibration damping apparatus for windows. USP2013058439154.
- Lewis, Thomas M.; Parin, Michael L.. Air-film vibration damping apparatus for windows. USP2014108851423.
- Villhard, Robert L.. Blades having coolant channels lined with a shape memory alloy and an associated fabrication method. USP2004036699015.
- Wrobel Gunter (Villingen-Schwenningen DEX) Engel Wolfgang (Konigsfeld DEX) Engelberger Raimund (St. Georgen DEX). Fan impellers. USP1997015591008.
- Miller Michael L. (Westchester OH). Method and apparatus for balancing turbine rotors. USP1991045011374.
- Nash, Grant. Method and apparatus for reducing noise transmission through a window. USP2017059645120.
- Sherwin, Yang; Ulmer, Donald G.. Method for vibration damping using superelastic alloys. USP2004096796408.
- D'Angelo Sergio,ITX ; Greco Marco,ITX. Method of balancing fan rotors, particularly electric fans for use in motor vehicles. USP1998095800127.
- Villhard, Robert L.. Method of fabricating a shape memory alloy damped structure. USP2005056886622.
- Miller, Jeff Harley; Davis, Gary Alan. Split blade frictional damper. USP2004066752594.
- Lewis, Thomas M.; Jones, David I. G.. Turbine engine damper. USP2003026514040.
- Lewis, Thomas M.; Parin, Michael L.. Vibration damping apparatus for windows using viscoelastic damping materials. USP2010057721844.