A compound having the following formula: [Figure] wherein R1 is －N+H3 as found in claim 1 and R2 is either the same as F1 or hydrogen. “A”is an oxidizing anion, and X is selected to provide a neutral charge balance for the compound. A method of making a compound of the indicated structure from a compound of similar structure by an anion exchange process is also disclosed. Finally, propellant formulations incorporating the novel compounds of the present invention as fuels and oxidizers are disclosed.
A compound having the following formula: [Figure] wherein R1 is －N+H3; R2 is selected from R1, in which case X is 2 divided by the valence of A, and hydrogen, in which case X is 1 divided by the valence of A; and A is an oxidizing anion useful to provide oxidizing capability in a propellant formulation. A liquid propellant consisting essentially of: A. from about 60% to about 85% by weight of hydroxylammonium nitrate; B. from about 30% by weight of a compound according to claim 1; and C. from about 10% to about 20% water.
이 특허를 인용한 특허 피인용횟수: 9
- Wayne C. Fleming ; Hugh J. McSpadden ; Donald E. Olander. Ammonium nitrate propellants. USP2002046364975.
- Fleming, Wayne C.; McSpadden, Hugh J.; Olander, Donald E.. Ammonium nitrate propellants and methods for preparing the same. USP2005076913661.
- Cunkle,Glen T.; Devore,David; Thompson,Thomas F.. Chlorohydrin and cationic compounds having high affinity for pulp or paper. USP2006016989449.
- Eaton Philip (Chicago IL) Nodari Nereo (Spino D\Adda ITX) Neri Carlo (San Donato Milanese ITX) Cassar Luigi (San Donato Milanese ITX) Monti Fabio (Rome ITX) Alberici Fausto (Peschiera Borromeo ITX). Fuel composition with a high energy content. USP1990074943302.
- Blomquist, Harold R.; Campbell, Douglas P.; Staudhammer, Peter. Gas generating material for a vehicle occupant protection apparatus. USP2003106635131.
- Barnes Michael W. (Brigham City UT) Harris Bradley D. (Farmington UT) Johnson Darrin L. (Uintah Highlands UT). Hydroxylammonium nitrate/water/self-deflagrating fuels as gas generating pyrotechnics for use in automotive passive rest. USP1997115684269.
- Bruenner Rolf Sylvester ; Oberth Adolf Eduard ; Clark George Merrill ; Katzakian ; Jr. Arthur. Liquid oxidizer composition perparation. USP1998115837931.
- Fleming Wayne C. ; McSpadden Hugh J. ; Olander Donald E.. Methods for preparing age-stabilized propellant compositions. USP2000056059906.
- Fleming, Wayne C.; McSpadden, Hugh J.; Olander, Donald E.. Preparation of strengthened ammonium nitrate propellants. USP2004046726788.