A multi-pulse or multi-stage canister loaded solid propellant rocket motor. The canisters are prepared separately and loaded with solid propellant whereby the scrap rate may be reduced after which they are installed in a monolithic case which affords stiffness continuity over the length of the rocket motor to prevent guidance system upsetting free play. In order to reduce the complexity of installation of the membrane seal assembly for each pulse, the bulkhead therefor is manufactured integral with the case of the respective canister and becomes the forw...
A rocket motor comprising a monolithic elongate generally cylindrical case having means defining an aft aperture, at least two canisters each of which has an individual case and contains an individual grain of solid propellant material, said canisters disposed sequentially within said monolithic case in end to end relation with said canister cases attached to said monolithic case and to each other, means forming a closure to preclude flow communication between said canisters which includes means providing flow communication between said canisters when a ...
이 특허를 인용한 특허 피인용횟수: 11
- Floyd,Brian A.. Case burning rocket. USP2007057210282.
- Floyd, Brian A.. Case burning rocket with drive system for combustion chamber and nozzle. USP2004086782693.
- Highsmith, Thomas K.; Blair, Michael D.; Wassom, Steven R.; Starrett, William D.; Dever, Joel. Digital solid rocket motor and gas generator. USP2004036705075.
- Enders Mark L. ; Robinson Tony T.. Insensitive munitions composite pressure vessels. USP1998065763027.
- Mihara, Chiyako; Suzuki, Tasuku; Ieki, Katsunori. Multi-pulse rocket motor and pulse unit thereof. USP2017079702320.
- Murawski, Bernd; Maierhofer, Helmut. Pressure vessels for high temperature applications and a method for their manufacture. USP2013128613190.
- Shi, Zhongwei. Propulsion enhancement arrangement for rocket. USP2010107814835.
- Geisler, Robert L; Mahaffy, Kevin E. Propulsion system, opposing grains rocket engine, and method for controlling the burn rate of solid propellant grains. USP2011118051640.
- Dombrowski Daniel C. (Elkton MD) Frey Thomas J. (Elkton MD) Nevrincean Andrew G. (Elkton MD) Carr ; Jr. Clyde E. (Lincoln University PA). Solid propellant dual pulse rocket motor loaded case and ignition system and method of manufacture. USP1997025600946.
- Dombrowski Daniel C. (Elkton MD) Frey Thomas J. (Wilmington DE) Nevrincean Andrew G. (Oxford PA). Solid propellant dual pulse rocket motor loaded case and ignition system and method of manufacture. USP1997105675966.
- Kim,Steven S.; Hawley,Eric; Johnson,Joni; Nolder,Matt; Luense,John. Venting system for explosive warheads. USP2008027331292.