A mixed compression inlet having a forward ramp, an aft ramp, and a slot therebetween is disclosed. The aft ramp is coupled to the inlet to permit both fore-aft movement and rotational movement. The geometric throat of the inlet is located at the leading edge of the aft ramp. The slot opens into a plenum chamber. A vent permits air to exit from the plenum chamber. The pressure in the plenum chamber is maintained approximately equal to the pressure on the aft portion of the forward ramp. A servocontroller receiving input from pressure sensors of the forwa...
An inlet having an inlet duct for an aircraft engine, comprising: a cowl having a cowl lip, said cowl forming a wall of said inlet duct; a forward ramp having a leading edge positioned forward of said cowl lip and a trailing edge extending aft of said cowl lip; a aft ramp positioned within said inlet duct aft of said cowl lip; a throat region within said duct at a leading edge of said aft ramp; means for simultaneously rotating and moving said aft ramp fore and aft for varying the cross-sectional area of said throat simultaneously with changing the locat...
이 특허를 인용한 특허 피인용횟수: 10
- Schmidt, Rüdiger; Solntsev, Alexander. Air guiding flap of an aircraft comprising control of the pressure forces impinging thereon, process for adjusting the position of an air guiding flap and ram air system including such an air guiding flap. USP2009067543777.
- Wesley M. Plattner. Aircraft vent and cargo door locking mechanism. USP2002096454210.
- Warnica, David; Koning, Albert J.; Franceschini, Michael; Woloshyn, Jennifer. Apparatus for stabilization and deceleration of supersonic flow incorporating a diverging nozzle and perforated plate. USP2012058176941.
- Sanders Bobby W. ; Weir Lois J.. Axi-symmetric mixed compression inlet with variable geometry centerbody. USP2001086276632.
- Kremeyer, Kevin. Energy-deposition systems, equipment and method for modifying and controlling shock waves and supersonic flow. USP2015028960596.
- Koncsek Joseph L. ; Marrs Kenneth J.. Internal compression supersonic engine inlet. USP1999105971000.
- Koncsek Joseph L. ; Marrs Kenneth J.. Internal compression supersonic engine inlet. USP1999035881758.
- Arata, Allen A.. SCRAMjet arrangement for hypersonic aircraft. USP2010117828243.
- Sanders, Bobby W.; Koncsek, Joseph L.; Hedges, Linda S.. Supersonic external-compression diffuser and method for designing same. USP2004096793175.
- Falempin Francois (Saint Arnoult en Yvelines FRX) Fourt Olivier (Jouy en Josas FRX) Pastre Jean-Louis (Sainte Genevieve des Bois FRX). Two-dimensional supersonic and hypersonic air intake, with three movable ramps, for the combustion air of an aircraft en. USP1996125586735.