A method for a short-term prediction of future ship motion in open water to furnish visual cueing information that can be remotely presented to a pilot during an aircraft landing is described. Two sets of samples of the sea surface geometry along a radial azimuth line from a ship as a function of elevation of a sensor are first acquired. These are compensated to remove the components due to the ship's motion. Two wave traces are then separately derived in Cartesian format from the two sets of acquired samples. These wave traces are subjected to a Fast Fo...
[ What is claimed is:] [1.] A method for a short-term prediction of future ship motion to provide visual cueing information that can be remotely presented to a pilot during an aircraft landing approach, said method comprising the steps of:acquiring a plurality of samples of a sea surface geometry along a radial azimuth line from a ship as a function of elevation;deriving a wave trace from said acquired samples;processing said wave trace together with a pre-defined motion characteristic of said ship in order to derive a short-term prediction of future mot...
이 특허를 인용한 특허 피인용횟수: 20
- Elgersma, Michael Ray; Li, Xiaohong Linda. Aircraft precision approach and shipboard landing control system and method. USP2017019547991.
- Perrier, Gregory. Automated rip tide detection system. USP2005086931144.
- Paduano, James; McKenna, Terrence. Autonomous vehicle navigation system and method. USP2018019880006.
- Arnal,David B.; Day,Dana L.; Brennan,Edward M.. Catamaraft alongside ship coupling system. USP2009027493868.
- Geoffroy, Rémi; Garrec, Patrick; Thiry, Yannick; Cazaux, Patrick. Decision aid device for assisting the landing of an aircraft on the deck of a ship. USP2013128612070.
- Kunzi, Fabrice; Rogers, Donald; McKenna, Terrence. Dynamic collision-avoidance system and method. USP20180810062294.
- Ford, Tom; Boloye, Michael. Helicopter ship board landing system. USP2015028949011.
- Dutton, Kevin E.. Identification of ship state tonal parameters for use in relative GPS shipboard landing systems. USP2013078483890.
- Sowada, Delroy J.; Marsh, Vernon F.; Morgan, Kenneth S.; Vaujin, Michael O.. Methods and systems for determining heave and heave rate of vessels. USP2004126836707.
- Calise Anthony J. ; Prasad Jonnalagadda V. R. ; Horn Joseph F.. Neural network based automatic limit prediction and avoidance system and method. USP2001126332105.
- Venables, John D.; Pappas, Christopher M.; Schaub, Jr., Benton H.. Predictive sea state mapping for ship motion control. USP20190410259544.
- Geiger, Derek; Wulff, Ole; Litwin, Jonathan Aaron; Greenfield, Aaron L.. Rotor speed control using a feed-forward rotor speed command. USP20190110189559.
- Geiger, Derek; Rigsby, James; Greenfield, Aaron L.; Sahasrabudhe, Vineet; Goss, Jennifer D.. Rotorcraft control laws for sea-based operations. USP2016089429952.
- Colclough, John C.. Synthetic instrument landing system. USP2012078234021.
- Schmidt, R. Kyle. System and method for determining aircraft hard landing events from inertial and aircraft reference frame data. USP2009097589645.
- Schmidt, R. Kyle. System and method for determining aircraft hard landing events from inertial and aircraft reference frame data. USP2013058446294.
- Chun, Wendell H.. System and method for dynamic stabilization and navigation in high sea states. USP2012078215252.
- Lim, Edward. System and methods for automatically landing aircraft. USP2018049939819.
- Lim, Edward. System and methods for automatically landing aircraft. USP2017029568919.
- Roskovensky, John K.. Technique for ship/wake detection. USP2012058170282.