A thermally energized fuel-cell pressurization system and humidity control system utilizing a compressor-expander, an ejector, and a steam generator is disclosed. The system can be more compact and energy efficient than comparable electrically-based pressurization systems when incorporated into the fuel cell reformation and water management systems as a whole.
1. A pressurized fuel cell system comprising: a. a fuel cell (98); b. a compressor-expander (70); c. an ejector (1); d. a boiler (94); wherein, pressurized and energetic products of reaction from said fuel cell (98) are conducted through a conduit (86) to the primary fluid inlet conduit (71) of said compressor-expander (70) wherein said products of reaction are de-energized and discharged from the system, said primary fluid imparting energy on a reactant-rich secondary fluid which is introduced to said compressor-expander through secondary fluid i...
이 특허에 인용된 특허 (15)
- Ohyauchi Hideo (Ibaraki JPX) Amano Yoshiaki (Ibaraki JPX) Hanzawa Asao (Ibaraki JPX). Air supply apparatus for fuel cell system. USP1988074759997.
- Strasser Karl (Erlangen DEX). Fuel cell and method for moistening the electrolyte of the fuel cell. USP1996085543238.
- Ohsaki Kozo (Chiba JPX) Okada Mitsuo (Tokyo JPX) Shima Kazumi (Chiba JPX). Fuel cell power generating system. USP1991014988580.
- Komura Takashi,JPX ; Moriya Takashi,JPX ; Isobe Shoji,JPX ; Ushiro Toshiharu,JPX. Fuel cell system and draining method for the same. USP2001066242119.
- Kumar Romesh (Naperville IL) Ahmed Shabbir (Evanston IL) Krumpelt Michael (Naperville IL) Myles Kevin M. (Downers Grove IL). Fuel cell system for transportation applications. USP1993095248566.
- Epp Danny G.,CAX ; Baumert Robert M.. Integrated fuel cell electric power generation system for submarine applications. USP2000056063515.
- Stuhler Walter,DEX ; Stenger Herbert,DEX ; Gellert Harry,DEX. Method for operating a fuel cell system and fuel cell system. USP2001036203935.
- George Thomas J. ; Smith William C.. Multi-stage fuel cell system method and apparatus. USP2000036033794.
- Irino Mitsuhiro (Takasago) Satake Tokuki (Kobe) Sakai Hiroshi (Kobe) Funatsu Masayuki (Kobe) Haneda Hisao (Kobe) Ishibashi Masaru (Takasago) Takenobu Koichi (Kobe) Watanabe Kiyoshi (Kobe) Ogura Kazum. Power generation system with flat fuel cells of solid electrolyte. USP1993035198312.
- Charles Alexander Garris. Pressure exchanging compressor-expander and methods of use. USP2002086434943.
- Bloomfield David P. (West Hartford CT). Pressurized fuel cell power plant with single reactant gas stream. USP1976083976507.
- Benz Uwe (Uhldingen DEX) Fleck Wolfram (Erbach DEX) Hornburg Gerald (Elchingen DEX). Process and apparatus for supplying air to a fuel cell system. USP1995075434016.
- Benz Uwe (Uhldingen DEX) Fleck Wolfram (Erbach DEX) Hornburg Gerald (Elchingen DEX). Process for supplying air to a fuel cell system. USP1997075645950.
- Katoh Hirohisa,JPX ; Kubo Hidehito,JPX ; Fujii Toshiro,JPX. Solid polymer electrolyte fuel cell system. USP2000096124052.
- Siepierski James S. ; Moore Barbara S. ; Hoch Martin Monroe. Water injected fuel cell system compressor. USP2001076268074.