An electrochemical reformer 1 using reactant feed structures having both hydrophilic and hydrophobic regions to provide mechanisms for the wicking of liquid reactants into reformer 1 and for the separation and removal of gaseous products from reformer 1. The electrical reformer 1 may be combined with a fuel cell, a portion of the output of which is used to power reformer 1, to create a compact, portable power source.
We claim as our invention: 1. A hydrogen gas generating system, comprising: a membrane electrode assembly including an anode, a cathode and an ionically conductive membrane there between; electrical connections for applying electrical power from a source of electrical power to said cathode and anode; and a non-circulating transport layer of wicking material for transferring a water/fuel mixture by capillary action from a first end portion of the layer of wicking material from a source of the water/fuel mixture to said anode to generate hydrogen gas and ...
이 특허에 인용된 특허 (11)
- David L. Wood, III ; Stephen A. Grot ; Gerald Fly. Composite gas distribution structure for fuel cell. USP2002026350539.
- Schmid Ottmar,DEX ; Kurzweil Peter,DEX. Electrolysis process and apparatus. USP1998125843297.
- Goebel, Steven G.. Evaporative cooled fuel cell. USP2005116960404.
- Narayanan Sekharipuram R. ; Chun William ; Jeffries-Nakamura Barbara ; Valdez Thomas I.. Hydrogen generation by electrolysis of aqueous organic solutions. USP2001106299744.
- Narayanan, Sekharipuram R.; Chun, William; Jeffries-Nakamura, Barbara; Valdez, Thomas I.. Hydrogen generation by electrolysis of aqueous organic solutions. USP2003036533919.
- Sekharipuram R. Narayanan ; William Chun ; Barbara Jeffries-Nakamura ; Thomas I. Valdez. Hydrogen generation by electrolysis of aqueous organic solutions. USP2002046368492.
- Sekharipuram R. Narayanan ; William Chun ; Barbara Jeffries-Nakamura ; Thomas I. Valdez. Hydrogen generation by electrolysis of aqueous organic solutions. USP2002086432284.
- Tsukui Tsutomu (Hitachi JPX) Yasukawa Saburo (Katsuta JPX) Shimizu Toshio (Katsuta JPX) Doi Ryota (Ibaraki JPX) Yamaguchi Motoo (Hitachi JPX) Iwaasa Shuzou (Hitachi JPX). Liquid fuel cell. USP1986124629664.
- Taschek Walter G. (1805 Warren Dr. Woodbridge VA 22191). Miniature hydrogen generator. USP1979054155712.
- Montemayor Alan ; Bass Edward Albert ; Stewart Michael ; Sridhar Narasi. Spiral wrapped cylindrical proton exchange membrane fuel cells and methods of making same. USP2000056063517.
- Kaiser, Mark; Rehg, Timothy J.. Wicking strands for a polymer electrolyte membrane. USP2003046555262.
이 특허를 인용한 특허 피인용횟수: 3
- Brost, Ronald D.; Brost, Kristine M.; Cottrell, Matthew J.; Wilkins, Howard F.. Metal-air battery and gas impermeable anodic conductive matrix. USP2013098535851.
- Brost, Ronald D.; Brost, Kristine M.; Cottrell, Matthew J.; Wilkins, Howard F.. Metal-air battery and gas impermeable anodic conductive matrix. USP2015089099753.
- Jiang, Rongzhong; Tran, Dat Tien; Chu, Deryn D.. Power-free apparatus for hydrogen generation from alcohol. USP2015099127370.