An inlet for an aircraft, missile or other high speed airborne mobile platform, to receive intake air and compress the intake air for delivery to an engine of the mobile platform. The inlet has an array of inlet elements placed in side-by-side arrangement. Each inlet element has a passage for delivery of intake air. The array provides for compact volume and effective aerodynamic performance. The inlet may be mounted for rotation to start the inlet when at a supersonic speed. The inlet is shorter in length than traditional inlets and can be integrated int...
1. An air induction system for an aircraft, the air induction system adapted to receive an adjustable quantity of engine intake air, the system comprising: an inlet having a plurality of contiguously arranged but independent flow passages, arranged in rows and columns, that each receive a flow of intake air and cooperatively form the inlet;first ends of the flow passages forming a front face of the inlet, the front face facing generally in a forward direction relative to the aircraft and defining a frontal area; andthe front face being moveably supported...
이 특허에 인용된 특허 (13)
- Kim Kyusik (5026 Rhoads Ave. Santa Barbara CA 93111). Aerothermal ultra hypersonic aircraft. USP1990064934632.
- Mark D. Ralston. Aircraft auxiliary air intake with ram and flush opening door. USP2002026349899.
- Coffinberry George A. (West Chester OH). Aircraft engine electrically powered boundary layer bleed system. USP1992055114103.
- Aulehla Felix (Ottobrunn DEX) Genssler Hans-Peter (Munich DEX). Apparatus for influencing a boundary layer on the surface of a body moving through a medium. USP1989064836473.
- Hein,Jeffrey M.; Williams,Nicholas A.; Sheoran,Yogendra Y.; Lam,Cecilia S.; Cowans,Ora M.; Higuera,Benjamen K.; Peduchi,Andrew S.; Sellahewa,Ravisha P.; Brown,Daniel. Dual action inlet door and method for use thereof. USP2006037014144.
- Kutschenreuter ; Jr. Paul H. (Loveland OH) Vishnauski Jon M. (Loveland OH). Hypersonic flight vehicle. USP1992015082206.
- Bichler Bartholomus (Raubling DEX) Jost Michael (Munich DEX). Inlet system for supersonic or hypersonic aircraft. USP1992055116251.
- Kim Kyusik (5026 Rhoads Ave. Santa Barbara CA 93111). Ram constriction vane diffuser for jet engine. USP1987054667900.
- Seidel, Gerhard E.. Separate boundary layer engine inlet. USP2003036527224.
- Hasinger Siegfried H. (Dayton OH) Miller David K. (Dayton OH). Supersonic flow diffuser with energy redistribution. USP1977114058141.
- Jabs Alfred (Groebenzell DEX). Turboramjet engine. USP1992035094071.
- Falempin Francois (Saint Arnoult en Yvelines FRX) Fourt Olivier (Jouy en Josas FRX) Pastre Jean-Louis (Sainte Genevieve des Bois FRX). Two-dimensional supersonic and hypersonic air intake, with three movable ramps, for the combustion air of an aircraft en. USP1996125586735.
- duPont Anthony A. (7946 Ivanhoe Ave. La Jolla CA 92037). Variable geometry duct seal. USP1993075226455.