A system for improving the thermal efficiency of a thermal control loop in which refrigerant after compression and condensation is applied to an evaporator employs a subsidiary counter-current heat exchange intercepting refrigerant flow to maintain the quality of the refrigerant by exchanging thermal energy between the input flow and the output flow from the evaporator. The same principle is effective, with particular advantage when small connections have to be made, in systems using mixed phase media and using the concept of direct energy transfer with ...
1. A temperature control system employing a two-phase refrigerant and a compressor/condenser loop having an input and output for circulating refrigerant at a controllable temperature to and from a load evaporator having input and output terminals and a known thermal capacity, the temperature control system including a subsidiary heat exchange loop for enhancing the performance of the system by advantageously utilizing the different thermal energy transfer properties of the two phases of the refrigerant, comprising: a subsidiary heat exchanger coupled bet...
이 특허에 인용된 특허 (20)
- Narreau Peter P. (Pennellville NY). Economizer control with variable capacity. USP1992035095712.
- Thomas H. Hebert. Flash gas and superheat eliminator for evaporators and method therefor. USP2002106460358.
- Chen Fang C. ; Mei Viung C. ; Murphy Richard W.. Heat pump having improved defrost system. USP1998125845502.
- Mei Viung C. ; Tomlinson John J. ; Chen Fang C.. Heat pump water heater and method of making the same. USP2001056233958.
- Matsumoto,Kenzo; Watabe,Yoshio; Nishikawa,Hiroshi. Heating/cooling system. USP2007067228700.
- Mei Viung C. (Oak Ridge TN) Chen Fang C. (Knoxville TN). Liquid over-feeding air conditioning system and method. USP1993095245833.
- Mei Viung C. (Oak Ridge TN) Chen Fang C. (Knoxville TN). Liquid over-feeding refrigeration system and method with integrated accumulator-expander-heat exchanger. USP1997045622055.
- Goth, Gary F.; Hickey, Jody A.; Kearney, Daniel J.; Makowicki, Robert. Method for shutting down a refrigerating unit. USP2003116644048.
- Bessler Warren F. (Schenectady NY). Refrigerant flow rate control based on evaporator exit dryness. USP1995065426952.
- Taras,Michael F.; Lifson,Alexander. Refrigerant systems with reheat and economizer. USP2006067059151.
- John A. Behr. Refrigerated merchandiser with modular evaporator coils and EEPR control. USP200204RE37630.
- Sakurai, Takashi; Ohta, Kazumasa. Refrigerating apparatus. USP2010047690211.
- Gorbounov,Mikhail B.; Sangiovanni,Joseph J.; Vaisman,Igor B.. Refrigeration system. USP2008057377126.
- Fraser ; Jr. Howard H. ; Lewis Russell G. ; Taras Michael F.. Refrigeration system with integrated economizer/oil cooler. USP1999055899091.
- Aoki,Masanori; Yosomiya,Masato; Unezaki,Fumitake; Saitou,Makoto; Saikusa,Tetsuji. Refrigeration/air conditioning equipment. USP2008017316120.
- Pendergrass Joseph C. (1283 Wessel Rd. Gainesville GA 30501). Solar assisted heat pump heating system. USP1984034438881.
- Cowans,Kenneth W.; Cowans,William W.; Zubillaga,Glenn W.; Millan,Isaac. Thermal control system and method. USP2007027178353.
- Cowans,Kenneth W.; Cowans,William W.; Zubillaga,Glenn W.; Millan,Isaac. Thermal control system and method. USP2008087415835.
- Nielsen Leif (Nordborg DK). Thermostatic expansion valve for refrigeration installations. USP1977064032070.
- Suzuki,Kenichi; Tsuboi,Masato; Matsumoto,Yuuichi. Vapor compression refrigerating systems. USP2008057370493.