A thruster stack assembly and method for manufacturing the same is provided. The thruster stack assembly includes a plurality of grain elements having a common core region (e.g., a channel or passageway), where each grain element comprises a volume of electrically ignitable propellant. The thruster stack assembly further includes electrodes associated with the plurality of grain elements, the electrodes adapted for selectively igniting the plurality of grain elements. In one example, one or more of the grain elements may be ignited and combusted without ...
1. A thruster stack assembly, comprising: a plurality of grain elements having a common core region, each grain element comprising a volume of electrically ignitable propellant, wherein: the electrically ignitable propellant is ignitable in response to the application of electrical power there through, andthe common core region comprises a passageway adjacent a portion of each of the plurality of grain elements for the passage of combustion gas; andelectrodes associated with the plurality of grain elements, the electrodes adapted for selectively igniting...
이 특허에 인용된 특허 (6)
- Sawka, Wayne N.. Controllable digital solid state cluster thrusters for rocket propulsion and gas generation. USP2011067958823.
- Spanjers, Gregory G.; Schilling, John; White, David. Description of methods to increase propellant throughput in a micro pulsed plasma thruster. USP2004086769241.
- Spanjers, Gregory G.; Mahaffy, Kevin; Spores, Ronald A.; White, David; Dulligan, Michael; Dulligan, legal representative, Marcy; Nguyen, Hieu. Dual-mode chemical-electric thrusters for spacecraft. USP2010047703273.
- Araki Ikuo (Aichi JPX) Kanazawa Teruo (Aichi JPX) Ito Shinji (Aichi JPX) Sumikawa Kenji (Aichi JPX). Gas generating charge and a process for producing the same. USP1983104408534.
- Boisseau Jean (Martignas sur Jalles FRX) Paulin Jean-Louis (Ballancourt FRX) Reynaud Christiane (Mennecy FRX). Multi-perforated divided propellent powder sticks, manufacturing equipment and its use. USP1993105251549.
- Alexandris George (Redlands CA). Thermal protection for propellant grains. USP1986064594945.
이 특허를 인용한 특허 피인용횟수: 5
- Villarreal, James K.; Deppert, Thomas M.; Langhenry, Mark T.; Summers, Matt H.. Electrically controlled variable force deployment airbag and inflation. USP2016109457761.
- Loehr, Richard D.; Villarreal, James K.. Electrically operated propellants with elevated self-sustaining threshold pressures. USP20190310220809.
- Summers, Matt H.; Villarreal, James K.; Langhenry, Mark T.; Danforth, Jeremy C.; Walter, John W.. Electrode ignition and control of electrically operated propellants. USP20181210145337.
- Stark, Ola; Gustavsson, Lennart; Dahlberg, Johan; Svanberg, Lars-Peter. Method for electrical flashover ignition and combustion of propellent charge, as well as propellent charge and ammunition shot in accordance therewith. USP2013128607704.
- Nelson, Steven; Current, Peter; Stadler, Steven. Propulsion system comprising plurality of individually selectable solid fuel motors. USP2017109790895.