The present invention relates to munitions employed for training and tactical purposes. Specifically, the present invention relates to training munitions (e.g., training rounds) used with various weapons (e.g., grenade launchers), wherein each training round includes a projectile that contains a pyrophoric payload that is released into the environment and reacts with air, upon impact of the projectile with an impact site. The reaction of the pyrophoric payload with air creates a signal that can be observed from a distance, thereby marking the landing or ...
1. A training munition which contains a projectile that includes a pyrophoric payload contained within frangible hardware, wherein said frangible hardware breaks open when said projectile impacts an impact site, thereby releasing the pyrophoric payload into the environment where said pyrophoric payload contacts air, further wherein said pyrophoric payload comprises pyrophoric powder, small pyrophoric foils or mixtures of pyrophoric powder and small pyrophoric foils and marks the impact site by generating signatures in at least one electromagnetic radiati...
이 특허에 인용된 특허 (15)
- Baldi Alfonso L.. Activated metal and a method for producing the same. USP2001026193814.
- Sweeny L. Ray. Electronically configurable towed decoy for dispensing infrared emitting flares. USP2000056055909.
- Leon Manole ; Stewart Gilman ; Ernest L. Logsdon, Jr.. Flameless tracer ammunition. USP2002126497181.
- Harasts, Nicole D.; Chow, William Chung-Leung; Motyka, Mark; Kotefski, Steve; Kotevska, Lidija. Flash-bang grenade with greater flash intensity. USP2012048161883.
- Pelham Peter G. (Sevenoaks GB2) Smith Douglas (Sevenoaks GB2). High intensity infra-red pyrotechnic decoy flare. USP1996125585594.
- Engsbrten Bjorn (Obrebro SEX). Manufacture and use of improved explosive composition. USP1996115578788.
- Manole,Leon R.; Gilman,Stewart; Nodarse,Robert; Perich,Andrew; Ribe,Floyd. Marker projectile. USP2006016990905.
- Nielson Daniel B. (Brigham City UT) Fairbourn Brad A. (West Haven UT). Multispectral covert target marker. USP1997085661257.
- Haeselich,Detlef. Projectile with means for marking its strike point. USP2009017475638.
- Hayward Frederick R. (Westford MA) Larson L. James (Boxford MA). Pyrophoric flare. USP1976073970003.
- Baldi Alfonso L. (Wynnewood PA). Pyrophoric foil and article, and pyrophoric technique. USP1984034435481.
- Cranor,Earl. Small caliber chemiluminescent munitions. USP2009027487728.
- Lee James C. ; Del Corral Luis Fernando ; Clark Richard A. ; Bonilla Pedro A.. Solid TCMTB formulations. USP2001066241994.
- Manole, Leon R.; Gilman, Stewart; Stoddard, Kevin; Logsdon, Ernest L.. System and method for a flameless tracer / marker for ammunition housing multiple projectiles utilizing chemlucent chemicals. USP2005086931993.
- Manole,Leon R.; Gilman,Stewart; McCarthy,Erinn Harbeck; Kelley,Steven; Chian,Remi; Wanner,Melissa; Logsdon,Ernest. System and method for a flameless tracer/marker utilizing heat marking chemicals. USP2006067055438.