Apparatus and methods for controlling yaw of a rotorcraft in the event of one or both of low airspeed and engine failure are disclosed. A yaw propulsion provides a yaw moment at low speeds. The yaw propulsion device may be an air jet or a fan. A pneumatic fan may be driven by compressed air released into a channel surrounding an outer portion of the fan. The fan may be driven by hydraulic power. Power for the yaw propulsion device and other system may be provided by a hydraulic pump and/or generator engaging the rotor. Low speed yaw control may be provid...
1. A rotorcraft comprising: an airframe;a rotor rotatably mounted to the airframe and rotatable about an axis of rotation;a vertical stabilizer mounted to the airframe offset from the axis of rotation;an emergency power supply mounted to the airframe;a fan mounted to the vertical stabilizer; anda controller selectively coupling the emergency power supply to the fan effective to drive the fan in forward and reverse directions;wherein the emergency power supply includes an air reservoir containing compressed air;wherein the air reservoir is in fluid commun...
이 특허에 인용된 특허 (20)
- Marze, Henri-James. Aircraft provided with a silent shrouded rotor. USP2011067959105.
- Allongue Marc (Marseille FRX). Anti-torque system for helicopters. USP1993085240205.
- Brody, David E.; Gaffey, Troy M.; Rixen, Frank; Murray, Richard F.. Coaxial rotor aircraft. USP2012058167233.
- Aubry Jacques A. (Bouches-du-Rhne FRX) Mondet Jean J. (Bouches-du-Rhne FRX). Combined bearing device for a rotorcraft rotor and a rotor equipped with such a bearing device. USP1989034815937.
- Kebrle, John M.; Andrews, III, James R.; Daw, Justin; Hurdle, Jim; Sherrill, Paul; Narramore, Jimmy C.; Xue, Sidney; Hollimon, Charles; Smith, Dudley; Docker, Bryce; Brieger, John T.. Counter-torque device for a helicopter. USP2012108286908.
- Leibach ; Heinrich. Device for control of an aircraft. USP1978074099671.
- Kirk, Charles T.; Moore, Grover L.; Hodder, legal representative, Virginia L.. Emergency anti-torque thruster system. USP201106E042446.
- Kirk,Charles T.; Hodder, legal representative,Virginia L.; Moore, deceased,Grover L.. Emergency anti-torque thruster system. USP2006047032860.
- Munski Michael S. (44052 Fine St. Lancaster CA 93536). Helicopter antitorque auxiliary propulsion system. USP1987044660785.
- Logan Andrew H. (Rancho Palos Verdes CA) Moore Richard E. (Los Angeles CA). Helicopter antitorque system using circulation control. USP1980044200252.
- Balkus, Jr., Carl E.. Helicopter auxiliary anti-torque system. USP2012068196855.
- Wilson John C. (Newport News VA) Crowell Cynthia A. (APO AE NY) Kelley Henry L. (Newport News VA). Helicopter low-speed yaw control. USP1993055209430.
- Daniel W. Banks ; Henry L. Kelley. Helicopter tail boom with venting for alleviation and control of tail boom aerodynamic loads and method thereof. USP2002036352220.
- Daggett ; Jr. Myron L. (Broomall PA) Douglas Leon L. (Wynnewood PA). Helicopter yaw and propulsion mechanism. USP1976053957226.
- Osberger Helmut (A 3491 Strass bei Krems Niederosterreich OE). Helicopters safety drive. USP1977094046335.
- De Roche,Mark Stephen. Hybrid drive powered lift platform. USP2007067231997.
- Piasecki Frank N. (Haverford PA). Rotary wing aircraft shrouded propeller tail assembly and controls. USP1992065123613.
- Meyers Donald N. (Wyncote PA). Rotary wing aircraft split segmented duct shrouded propeller tail assembly. USP1992075131603.
- Smith Bert J. (Gloucester Point VA). Self-driving helicopter tail rotor. USP1990094953811.
- Strutman Warren A. (St. Louis MO). Surge-accepting accumulator transmission for windmills and the like. USP1980124239977.