Apparatus and methods is used for controlling yaw of a rotorcraft in the event of one or both of low airspeed and engine failure. A yaw propulsion provides a yaw moment at low speeds. The yaw propulsion device may be an air jet or a fan. A pneumatic fan may be driven by compressed air released into a channel surrounding an outer portion of the fan. The fan may be driven by hydraulic power. Power for the yaw propulsion device and other system may be provided by a hydraulic pump and/or generator engaging the rotor. Low speed yaw control may be provided by ...
1. A rotorcraft comprising: an airframe;an engine connected to drive the rotorcraft through the air;a rotor rotatably mounted to the airframe and rotatable about an axis of rotation;a power take-off selectively uncoupling from the rotor and coupling to the rotor to be driven by the rotor, the power take-off including a drive wheel; anda power source connected to receive power through the power take-off and comprising at least one of a hydraulic pump and a generator;a mast extending upward;a shroud surrounding the mast and being fastened to the mast;a fla...
이 특허에 인용된 특허 (14)
- Darrow, Jr., David A.; D'Anna, Frank P.; Sbabo, Thomas L.. De-rotation system suitable for use with a shaft fairing system. USP2009107607607.
- Leibach ; Heinrich. Device for control of an aircraft. USP1978074099671.
- Wilson Harold K. (Arlington TX). Drive system for tiltrotor aircraft. USP1991105054716.
- Stearns ; Jr. Hoyt A. (4131 E. Cannon Dr. Phoenix AZ 85028). Electric air-driven helicopter. USP1987104702437.
- Kirk, Charles T.; Moore, Grover L.; Hodder, legal representative, Virginia L.. Emergency anti-torque thruster system. USP201106E042446.
- Kirk,Charles T.; Hodder, legal representative,Virginia L.; Moore, deceased,Grover L.. Emergency anti-torque thruster system. USP2006047032860.
- Logan Andrew H. (Rancho Palos Verdes CA) Moore Richard E. (Los Angeles CA). Helicopter antitorque system using circulation control. USP1980044200252.
- Ebert Frederick J. (Westport CT) Driscoll Joseph T. (Cheshire CT) Graham ; Jr. Byron (Easton CT) Sweet David H. (Tequesta FL). Helicopter engine control having lateral cyclic pitch anticipation. USP1993115265826.
- Wilson John C. (Newport News VA) Crowell Cynthia A. (APO AE NY) Kelley Henry L. (Newport News VA). Helicopter low-speed yaw control. USP1993055209430.
- Daniel W. Banks ; Henry L. Kelley. Helicopter tail boom with venting for alleviation and control of tail boom aerodynamic loads and method thereof. USP2002036352220.
- Daggett ; Jr. Myron L. (Broomall PA) Douglas Leon L. (Wynnewood PA). Helicopter yaw and propulsion mechanism. USP1976053957226.
- Osberger Helmut (A 3491 Strass bei Krems Niederosterreich OE). Helicopters safety drive. USP1977094046335.
- De Roche,Mark Stephen. Hybrid drive powered lift platform. USP2007067231997.
- Arata,Allen A.. Rechargeable compressed air system and method for supplemental aircraft thrust. USP2006097104499.