A wheel clamp attaches to a vehicle wheel for performing a wheel alignment on the vehicle. The wheel clamp has a body for supporting a target or measuring head, and three elongated arms mounted to the body. Each arm has a gripping portion for gripping the tire's tread surface. A self-centering linkage has enmeshed gears that, when rotated, cause the elongated arms to simultaneously proportionally move relative to the clamp body. An attachment interface mechanically connected to the self-centering linkage is configured to engage with a rotational actuator...
1. A wheel clamp for attaching to a vehicle wheel for performing a wheel alignment on the vehicle, the wheel comprising a tire and a rim, the wheel clamp comprising: a clamp body for supporting an apparatus used in performing the wheel alignment;three elongated arms, each mounted to the clamp body such that they extend outward from the clamp body, each elongated arm having a gripping portion for gripping a tread surface of the vehicle tire;a self-centering linkage mechanism comprising a plurality of gears rotatably mounted to the clamp body and engaged w...
이 특허에 인용된 특허 (14)
- Alusick Michael P. (Hartland WI) Surwillo John M. (Milwaukee WI). Apparatus for locking wheel unit in automotive wheel alignment system. USP1991105056231.
- Ohnesorge Axel,DEX. Axle measurement holder to fasten a measuring head to the rim of a vehicle wheel. USP1999115987761.
- Gray, Brian K.; Jackson, David A.. Lightweight wheel clamp for vehicle wheel alignment system. USP2011017870677.
- Stieff, Michael T.; Dorrance, Daniel R.; Golab, Thomas J.; Shylanski, Mark S.. Method and apparatus for vehicle service system optical target assembly. USP2011108033028.
- Stieff, Michael T.; Dorrance, Daniel R.; Golab, Thomas J.; Shylanski, Mark S.. Method and apparatus for vehicle service system optical target assembly. USP2011047930834.
- Stieff, Michael T.; Meyer, Gregory F.; Dorrance, Daniel R.; Shylanski, Mark S.; Golab, Thomas J.. Method and apparatus for vehicle service system optical target assembly. USP2010047703212.
- Hrvallius Torgny (Skogsslingan 13 S-803 59 Gvle SEX). Method and arrangement for the measurement of wheel alignment angles in the front axle and suspension assembly of a moto. USP1989044823470.
- Alsina Pierre A. (Rochester NY). Mirror mount for automotive alignment apparatus. USP1982064335519.
- Corghi, Remo. Self-centering device for supporting heads or sensors for checking the attitude of vehicle wheels. USP2004036708419.
- Ragan Marshall P. (Mayflower AR). Truck wheel clamp with floating spindle plate. USP1983034377038.
- Maioli Franco,ITX ; Ferrari Gino,ITX. Universal self-centering device for heads or sensors for checking the trim of the wheels of motor vehicles in general. USP2000106131293.
- Stieff, Michael T.; Meyer, Gregory F.; Linson, Dennis M.. Vehicle wheel optical target mounting assembly. USP2010107810244.
- Morrison Leonard A. (Chicago IL) Hampton ; Jr. Robert S. (Skokie IL) Murphy John (Waukegan IL) Bogaerts Leo C. (Antioch IL). Wheel clamp. USP1976113990666.
- Pascoal Luis N. (Rua Edmundo Navarro de Andrade 1700 Campinas ; SP ; CEP 13100 BRX). Wheel position gauging device. USP1991095048192.