Systems and methods for changing a speed ratio between a compressor boost stage (12) and at least one power turbine (16) of a gas turbine engine (10) are described. Such a system may comprise a coupling device (20) configured to selectively transmit energy from the at least one power turbine (16) to the boost stage (12) according to at least a first speed ratio and a second speed ratio. The system may also comprise an auxiliary power device (22, 26) configured to cause a rotational speed of the boost stage (12) to change from a first speed corresponding ...
1. A method for changing a rotational speed of a compressor boost stage driven by at least one power turbine of a gas turbine engine relative to a speed of the at least one power turbine, the method comprising: driving the boost stage at a first rotational speed corresponding to a first speed ratio between the boost stage and the at least one power turbine via coupling between the boost stage and the at least one power turbine;decoupling the boost stage from the at least one power turbine;changing the rotational speed of the boost stage from the first ro...
이 특허에 인용된 특허 (14)
- Moulebhar, Djamal. Aircraft with disengageable engine and auxiliary power unit components. USP2010107805947.
- Kronogard Sven-Olof (Lomma SW). Automotive gas turbine power plant. USP1976123997283.
- Bloomfield Warren (Norwalk CT). Combination drive system for ships. USP1983014369630.
- Rodgers Colin (San Diego CA) Vershure ; Jr. Roy W. (Escondido CA). Combined auxiliary and emergency power unit. USP1989094864812.
- Reynolds, Richard W.. Combined engine-starter and accessory drive system. USP1985094542722.
- Laessle David L. (Phoenix AZ) Carlson Todd S. (Chandler AZ) Krochmalny Andrew J. (Tempe AZ) Anderson Leroy C. (Tempe AZ). Decoupler shaft and air turbine starter having such a decoupler. USP1989104871296.
- Mahoney,Timothy D.; Laidlaw,Mitchell J.; Libera,Anthony C.. Gas turbine engine bleed air power assist system and method. USP2007077246482.
- Klingels Hermann (Munich DEX). Gas turbine propulsion unit with a gas generator. USP1989104876849.
- Butt, David C; Maguire, Alan R. Generator assembly. USP2009067543439.
- Nakhamkin Michael. Method of power generation and load management with hybrid mode of operation of a combustion turbine derivative power p. USP1998075778675.
- Hield Paul M. (Bristol GB2) Cundy John M. (Derby GB2) Midgley Ronald A. (Derby GB2) Newton Arnold C. (Derby GB2) Rowe Arthur L. (Derby GB2). Shaft power transfer in gas turbine engines with machines operable as generators or motors. USP1997125694765.
- Van Dyne,Ed; Gendron,Thomas A.. Super-turbocharger. USP2009027490594.
- Ress, Jr., Robert A.. Three spool gas turbine engine having a clutch and compressor bypass. USP2014118887485.
- Beardsley, Peter K.. Turbine engine arrangement. USP2010117823391.