Provided is an electrostatic charge dissipator for removing electrostatic charge inside a storage tank or other enclosed volume. The dissipator comprises yarns of electrically conductive polymeric fibers, such as carbon fiber. The yarns have broken fiber tips or stray fibers projecting away from the yarns, thereby functioning to concentrate electric fields and facilitate charge collection. The yarns are attached to a bracket for mechanical attachment to the tank, and are electrically connected to a feedthrough for providing an electrical path to ground p...
1. An electrostatic charge dissipator for collecting and removing electrostatic charge from inside a tank, comprising: a) a mounting bracket for attachment to an interior of the tank;b) an electrical feedthrough for providing an electrical conduction path between tank interior and tank exterior;c) at least one electrically-conductive polymeric fiber yarn electrically connected to the feedthrough and mechanically attached to the bracket, wherein the at least one conductive fiber yarn is exposed and has, in aggregate, at least 10 broken fiber tips or stray...
이 특허에 인용된 특허 (15)
- Qiu Zhang F. (Flat 304 ; Building 113 ; Yuanl Shenzhen CNX) Rui Kong Z. (Jianoghan Institute of Petroleum Jianghan CNX) Zhi Shi Y. (Beijing Petro-Chemical Institute Beijing CNX). Built-up inner floating ceiling for use in an oil storage tank. USP1992065123559.
- Hrsch Friedrich (Ulm DEX). Component made of resinified space-layer fabric, and a method of producing a lagging. USP1995025387455.
- Alam, M. Khairul. Composite discharge electrode. USP2011077976616.
- Uno Kenkichi (1407 80th St. SW. Everett WA 98203). Device for discharging static electricity and method of producing the same. USP1982094352143.
- Bachmann Werner (Obfelden CHX). Double-grounded wall tank, and method of its manufacture. USP1986094613922.
- Nelson Ardell H. (5701 Lost Forest No. 2202 Houston TX 77018). Electrical grounding for tank floating cover. USP1976033942674.
- Wellman Raymond L. ; Cork Michael S.. Electrostatic charge neutralizing fume duct. USP2001116315004.
- Wellman, Raymond L.; Cork, Michael S.. Electrostatic charge neutralizing fume duct with continuous carbon fiber. USP2003056561229.
- Cassina,Virginio. Electrostatic charge-free container. USP2007017159718.
- Massey Frederick (South Humberside GB2). Metal fiber-containing textile materials and their use in containers to prevent voltage build up. USP1984024431316.
- Nonobe Yasuhiro,JPX. Power supply system, electric vehicle with power supply system mounted thereon, and method of charging storage battery included in power supply system. USP2000126158537.
- Oh,Hieyoung W.; King,Charles A.; McCormick,Daniel P.. Static charge neutralizing assembly for use on rollers and shafts. USP2006117136271.
- Oh,Hieyoung W.; McCormick,Daniel P.. Static charge-immune enclosure. USP2007037193834.
- Krock Richard P.. Static dissipative vacuum wand. USP1999015855036.
- Satoh Hiroaki (Tokyo JPX) Tabata Yasuyuki (Tokyo JPX) Gomikawa Kouichi (Tokyo JPX) Hiruta Masaru (Iwaki JPX). Tower for drying gaseous chlorine. USP1983094404171.