Vacuum insulating glass (VIG) units, edge seals for VIG units and methods for forming the edge seals are provided. The VIG units include an edge seal that includes a viscous material, which serves to restrict the rate at which gas permeates into a vacuum space defined between the glass sheets of the VIG unit. The edge seals are configured to allow the glass sheets to move laterally relative to one another when the glass sheets experience differential thermal strain and further configured such that viscous shear occurs within at least a portion of the vis...
1. A method of assembling a vacuum insulating glass unit, the assembled vacuum insulating glass unit comprising: (a) a first glass sheet and a second glass sheet with a vacuum space in between at a pressure less than atmospheric pressure;(b) at least one spacer in between the first and second glass sheets configured to contribute to the separation of the first and second glass sheets and the maintenance of the vacuum space; and(c) an edge seal comprising: (i) a cavity configured to contain a first viscous material;(ii) a first viscous material that flows...
이 특허에 인용된 특허 (18)
- Rath, Hans Peter; Lange, Arno; Mach, Helmut; Knoll, Konrad. Elastic sealing material on the basis of block copolymers made of isobutene and vinyl aromatic monomers. USP2003116649695.
- Knights Richard N. (Gloucester GB2) Wilson Anthony (Weston-Super-Mare GB2). Framed window panels. USP1979054151696.
- Bowser ; George H.. In situ curable sealant and methods for making and using same. USP1978054092290.
- Parker Kenneth R. (Whitby CAX). Insulating glass unit. USP1993125270084.
- Chambers Robert R. (Studio City CA) Wohlmut Peter G. (Palo Alto CA). Luminescent solar collector. USP1979034144097.
- Lindberg,Anders; Lindqvist,Jan Olof. Method and device for filling a cavity between two plates of fire-resisting composite glass. USP2007067232497.
- Schoen Jerry W. (Middletown OH). Method of forming a laminate and the product thereof a laminate including a sealing agent and a bonding agent. USP1992055116686.
- Bowser George H. (New Kensington PA). Multiple glazed unit. USP1980074215164.
- Vijayen S. Veerasamy. Peripheral seal for vacuum IG window unit. USP2002046365242.
- Spinks Anne (Hugo MN). Pumpable desiccated mastic. USP1997055632122.
- Crandell Stephen L.. Sealant system for an insulating glass unit. USP2001106301858.
- Millett, Frederick A.; Broekhuis, Michael D.; Byker, Harlan J.; Ogburn, Jr., Paul H.. Thermochromic window structures. USP2010107817328.
- Yei-Ping (Mimi) H. Wang ; Vijayen S. Veerasamy. Vacuum IG window unit with dual peripheral seal. USP2002066399169.
- Nalepka, Raymond; Thomsen, Scott V.; Landa, Ksenia A.; Landa, Leonid M. Vacuum IG window unit with fiber inclusive edge seal. USP2003016503583.
- Cooper, David J.. Vacuum IG window unit with metal member in hermetic edge seal. USP2011047919157.
- Wang, Yei-Ping (Mimi) H.. Vacuum IG window unit with polymer spacers. USP2003046541084.
- Yei-Ping H. Wang ; Scott V. Thomsen. Vacuum IG window unit with spacers between first and second edge seals. USP2002096444281.
- Wang Yei-Ping (Mimi) H. ; Thomsen Scott V.. Vacuum IG window unit with spacers in seal. USP2001096291036.