An engine system with a multi-gas-generator, tip-turbine driven lift fan with pressurized air circulation control for use on vertical and short-take-off and landing (V/STOL) aircraft is disclosed. Gas generators located around the periphery of the fan drive the fan through action on a fan blade-tip turbine or provide compressed gas (hot or cold) to circulation control devices. Variable pitch fan blades improve part-power cruise performance. Enclosed in a nacelle, the engine employs circulation control to enhance V/STOL performance. In some embodiments, a...
1. An engine system for vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL) aircraft comprising: a fan comprising a plurality of blades and having an axis of rotation, the fan providing at least horizontal thrust;at least one gas generator disposed relative to the plurality of blades so that exhaust gas exits from the at least one gas generator in a direction substantially parallel to the axis of rotation and that impinges on the plurality of blades to generate rotational energy;a nacelle, the fan and the at least one gas generator are disposed in the nacelle, the nacel...
이 특허에 인용된 특허 (20)
- Bacchi ; Anthony C. ; Kress ; Robert W.. Airplane. USP1978094116405.
- Krysinski, Tomasz; Ferrer, Rogelio; Manfredotti, Thomas; Magre, Eric; Klein, Jean-Marc. Convertible aircraft with tilting rotors. USP2003086607161.
- Wilson Harold K. (Arlington TX). Drive system for tiltrotor aircraft. USP1991105054716.
- Yoeli, Raphael. Ducted fan VTOL vehicles. USP2010127857253.
- Peterson John M. (LaJolla CA). Fan lift-cruise v/stol aircraft. USP1977054022405.
- Shapery Sandor W. (402 W. Broadway ; Suite 1200 San Diego CA 92101-3504). Gyro stabilized vectored thrust vertical takeoff or landing aircraft. USP1996045507453.
- Austen-Brown, John Frederick. Personal hoverplane with four tiltmotors. USP2003126655631.
- Bollinger Robert S. (Newhall CA) Nicolai Leland M. (Castaic CA). Propulsion system for a V/STOL aircraft. USP1994015275356.
- Freese Richard A. ; Perez Julio. Rapid response attitude control logic for shaft-driven lift fan STOVL engine. USP2001086270037.
- Kamo Keisuke (Tokyo JPX). Thrust-deflecting vane device of V/STOL aircraft. USP1990024898343.
- Tracy Stephen E. (P.O. Box 214 Odin IL 62870). Toy air vehicle. USP1989114880071.
- Zimmermann Vincent H. (Olivette MO) DEGarcia ; Jr. Horacio J. (Maryland Heights MO) Pierson Harlan K. (Hazelwood MO). Trifan powered VSTOL aircraft. USP1976083972490.
- Clifton Robert T. (7999 Hansen ; #420 Houston TX 77061). V/STOL Aircraft. USP1984094469294.
- Kress Robert W. (Lloyd Harbor NY) Bacchi Anthony C. (Massapequa NY). VTOL Airplane. USP1981104296896.
- Robbins,Brent A.; Cassidy,Patrick F.. VTOL UAV with lift fans in joined wings. USP2008087410122.
- Moller Paul S. (Dixon CA). VTOL aircraft. USP1992055115996.
- Shah, Mrugesh K.. VTOL aircraft with angled thrusters. USP2003106629670.
- Wagner, Joseph; Pruszenski, Jr., Anthony; Milde, Jr., Karl F.. VTOL personal aircraft. USP2005056886776.
- Morgan, Brian H.. Vertical take-off and landing aircraft. USP2005016843447.
- Clifton Robert T. (Houston TX) Cook Woodrow L. (Lake Almanor Peninsula CA). Vertical/short take-off and landing aircraft. USP1989054828203.