A chiller for an aircraft galley beverage cart compartment is disclosed wherein a liquid cooled chiller is located in the cart compartment vertically oriented against a back wall. The chiller engages the carts and circulates chilled air efficiently with a reduced footprint, allowing the depth of the cart compartment to be reduced. The unit includes a proportioning valve to control the amount of fluid through the heat exchanger and a distribution block on the post-cooling side to efficiently route the spent refrigerant.
1. An air through liquid refrigerant aircraft galley chiller for disposition in a galley cart compartment, comprising: a liquid refrigerant inlet and a liquid refrigerant outlet for connection to an external pumping system;a heat exchanger;a supply air port and a return air port for delivering air to and receiving air from an adjacent galley cart, respectively;a three way proportioning valve connected to the liquid refrigerant inlet for controlling the flow of refrigerant through the heat exchanger, wherein a controller controls the three way proportioni...
이 특허에 인용된 특허 (14)
- Creighton Peter G. (Fort Lauderdale FL). Air conditioning system with enhanced dehumidification feature. USP1994095346127.
- Lu, Qiao; Godecker, William. Aircraft galley liquid cooling system. USP2015119188380.
- Zeigler, Terry A.; Bracey, John S.; Connell, Brett Sean; Sloan, Scott. Combined heating and air conditioning system for vehicles. USP2013088517087.
- Montminy, Jeffrey E.; Insixiengmay, Kyta; Mann, III, James W.; Newell, Benjamin E.; Newell, Ty A.. Compact, modularized air conditioning system that can be mounted upon an airplane ground support equipment cart. USP2012028117864.
- Schroder, Bruce R.. Compartment cooling loss identification for efficient system operation. USP2012058171745.
- Buck, Gilbert W.. Control system for an aircraft galley cooler. USP2005016845627.
- Rigney,Richard N.; Oswald,Ian D.. Cooling system for a commercial aircraft galley. USP2007067231778.
- Rubbright Harry A. (Lancaster OH) Springer Donald A. (North Ridge CA). Food preparation process. USP1982044323110.
- Spanoudis Louis (Toledo OH). Gas temperature and flow control system. USP1976093982584.
- Zywiak,Thomas; Drew,Diane. Integrated control system for combined galley refrigeration unit and cabin air conditioning system. USP2008067380408.
- Simadiris, George; Oswald, Ian Douglas. Liquid galley refrigeration system for aircraft. USP2005046880351.
- Novotny, Shlomo D.; Menoche, John P.; Roden, David W.. Modular scalable coolant distribution unit. USP2012108297069.
- Blain Edward S. (Rockford IL). Panel air chiller. USP1982114361014.
- Leroy, Luc; Alquier, Bruno; Halphen, Bertrand; Tevels, Roland. Process for keeping chilled the food on board aircraft and means for implementing. USP2005096941764.